Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Teeth & Cuddles

I've been feeling kinda blah the past couple of days... I really hate that feeling.  I'm feeling better today though, and I plan on making the most of my productive mood!  Elliot is starting to cut some of her back teeth.  She has been drooling like crazy.  I'd like to say its cute, but its really not! LOL!  She's also been being a big "Momma's girl."  99.9% of the time you will not hear any complaints from me about this, unless I'm trying to use the restroom or cook dinner. (those are two things that are really hard to do while holding your 25 lbs. baby!)  I know I was probably over reacting, but I called the doctor to see if her new behaviors were a result of the teething.  

Our Doctor's office is great and they never make you feel silly for calling with any kind of question.  The nurse told me not to worry, and it was more than likely teething, causing the drooling and the low grade temp.   That made me feel tons better.  I guess I just needed a little reassurance!

Now regarding the new "Momma's girl" attitude she has adopted, the nurse said that babies often want to be cuddled when they are not feeling well.  This I completely understand, but I worry that she will start to want to be held all of the time, something I just don't have time to do all day, every day.  Yet, at the same time, how can you pass up precious cuddles with your sweet baby.  So, I suppose I'll do what I always do in these situations... go with my heart.  And I can already tell you what my heart is going to say... CUDDLES all the way!

Five things I'm grateful for today:
  • Cameron having the day off.
  • The beautiful weather this afternoon, after a chilly morning.
  • Our nice mail lady.
  • Elliot enjoying playing in the back with the dogs.
  • The view from my office window! (I know this makes 6, but I do love that thing!)
  • My Nespreso machine!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment