Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Been Busy... How About You?!?!?!

Wow, the past few days have been so busy.  I really dislike it when I feel as though I've been running around like a chicken with her head cut off! (I so love clichés!)  I'm finally having some time today to catch up on everything and collect my thoughts.  

We had a great Easter!  Elliot did such a good job.  I as really impressed!  She found a few eggs and actually put them in a her little basket.  We actually got some good weather in the afternoon, and were able to go outside and hunt eggs.  It was a little wet, but not too muddy at all!  Emma was great too, as usual!  She is such a good big sister, and so understanding of Elliot's need to have more of our attention.  I think it may have had something to do with the eggs that had money in them, but one can never be certain! LOL!!!  

We also celebrated Easter weekend with Cameron's Great Uncle Frank and Great Aunt Caroline.  It is always such a pleasure to spend time with them.  They both share their wealth of knowledge about our family, it's history, and the "old times" in general.  

I learned awhile back that, it is such a small world.  The Huggins' family has a home in Zephyr, Texas.  (They refer to it as "the place.")  The nearest "large" town to 'the place' in Brownwood, Texas, which is also the "largest" town near my Grandma Carol's home in Voss, Texas.  When I would go to stay with her in the summers when I was a young girl, we would always take a trip to Brownwood and we always had lunch at Underwood's (they have the BEST chicken fried steak ever!!!).  I mentioned my summer trips to Frank and he said he and his family loved Underwood's too and would go there often.  How cool is that!?!?  And then I got to hear about all kinds of stories from back in the old days about Brownwood.  It really was awesome.  We are so lucky to have older relatives to share their lives with us!

Sunday night we had to finish Emma's Picasso project for Quest at School.  I was very diligant this time about her project and made her work on it well before the due date. (instead of waiting until the last minute like I so often do!)  But we still had a million things to finish last minute.   We finally got it done though and it looked awesome.  I'll post some pictures after we go to Quest Open House for her presentation.  She also made a powerpoint presentation for this project!  Pretty impressive, huh?!?!?

I spent most of yesterday shopping in Fort Worth, which I typically love to do, but I was on the hunt for long-sleeved black t-shirts with NO LOGO!!!  Hello.... it's spring, no one has long -sleeves anymore!  But Cameron is in Tac School for the next two weeks and he had to have long-sleeved black t-shirts to wear for the class, so I was on the hunt!!!!  I was able to find two.  One large and one medium.   Fortunately the medium fit, hopefully it will not shrink when it is washed!!!!

So, I guess that brings us to today, and I've been having a great day so far!  Elliot is being an excellent baby, (aside from putting, yet another roll of toilet paper into the toilet!)  And I've gotten quite a few things accomplished!  Yay ME!!!!

Things I'm grateful for:
  • Great Uncle Frank & Great Aunt Caroline
  • Facebook connection
  • Elliot being such a good baby when I have things to do!
  • Emma's Picasso project being completed.
  • Finding long-sleeved back t-shirts for Cameron.
  • Delicious Steaks!!!!!
  • Hazelnut chocolate bars (with whole nuts!)
  • Cameron being home for dinner every night for the next two weeks!!!
  • PSA Essentials Stamps & note cards
  • Tiffany for gifting me my first PSA Essentials stamp set!
  • Central Market (wish there was one in Weatherford)
  • Green Bags (not because I'm green, but because they hold so much stuff and it make carrying things in ten times easier!!!!)
  • Friendly, helpful cashiers and employees at stores
  • Clichés ( I just think they are fun to use!)
  • This beautiful day and my beautiful birds!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment