Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Jon & Kate

I am so saddened by last night's episode of Jon and Kate Plus 8.  It seems so apparent to me that Jon was just done... and that Kate was heartbroken.  Even when people behave poorly, that doesn't mean they aren't hurt when things go south.

Kate isn't perfect... Everyone seems to be attacking her... How far is that?  I know I'm not always proud of the way I behave towards my husband. (there are not any cameras following me around, editing me to show all my worst attributes) But Cameron and I talk about it and work through it... and sometimes, I do the EXACT same thing again.  and I have to be reminded that my poor behavior is not appreciated and does not demonstrate the respect I truly have for him.

I know that if I were approached with the opportunity to have someone pay me $75,000 or more and episode to come in and film my life, and there were freebies on top of that, I would jump on it in a heartbeat!  Giving my children an even better life than I can give them now!  How awesome would have be!?!?!?!!!

I would love to take my kids to Hawaii, Disney World, California, and wherever else JK8 have been, but I can't.  We don't have the money to take extravagant vacations (or any vacation for that matter) with one salary.  And having one salary is a choice Cameron and I made together because we want our children to have the best life we can give them, and we feel that being raised by a parent at home is one way to provide that for them.

And if I could make my girl's lives better by letting cameras see me at my worst! (God forbid, I'd have no friends...) I'd do it.  Because I know that I'm not the only wife out there who has "moments" and "failures." 

There's not a manual for life, marriage, or raising children... and if there were, I probably wouldn't agree or abide by it anyway... no two families are alike.  ANd what works for one may not work for the next.  And JK8 are any even more special, rare case than the standard family of four.  I know they have a lot of fans, but it breaks my heart to read so many people saying so many hateful things about Kate.  They don't even know her.... and neither do I, but I know she has admitted that she is not perfect, and I know I am not prefect, and I know that YOU are NOT prefect...  And let us not forget that we are not the ones to judge in the first place.

If you don't like Kate or the show, then don't watch... It's that simple!  It's like you want to feed your soul with anger by watching a show that aggravates you... It makes no sense at all!  STOP WATCHING if you don't like what you are seeing.

aaarrrrgggg..... I just don't even know.... I'm so mad and upset... Cameron thinks I am being stupid about all of this, and that it is just a TV show and that they are not "real."  We even got into a fight about it last night... how pathetic is that!  But they are REAL!!! 

They are as real as what is edited for us to see. That is really their house.   Those are really their dogs.  Those are really their kids.  That is really their Big Blue Van.  Kate was really filling piñatas for the sextuplet's party.  The kiddos were really having lunch and watching TV...  All of those things are REAL!  

AND most importantly Jon and Kate are REALLY going through something very difficult.  Kate's tears were real.  and so what that she said she didn't want to ruin her make-up... I can only imagine how many tears she has cried... she's probably tired of crying and ruining her make-up... She obviously does not care about make-up they were filming an entire scene where she had NONE on at all...

Jon seemed so COMPLETELY indifferent to everything...  Like he didn't give two cares about what he has been accused of.... I did not feel any sincerety from him at all... and the part were Kate said "[she] was here," and then he said, "I'm here for my kids..."  I wanted to...well I probably shouldn't say mean things like that on my blog.... but I was not happy, to say the least. 

And here it is 17 hours after the show aired last night and I am still feeling the emotions it caused...  I need to move on to something else.. I'm sure I could ramble on about this forever....

Please help them work this out.  Please let Jon GROW UP and become a MATURE and RESPONSIBLE **MAN** for his wife and his children.  Because he was right about one thing last night... his kids ARE going to google him one day, and they will find out... and they will NEVER believe a word he says again.  ACTIONS speak clearly... and he has plenty of ACTIONS speaking for him!

~MORE POSITIVE NOTE~

Things I am grateful for today:
  • my blood not being too thin!
  • Elliot sleeping late this morning!
  • Elliot's Nap time, (so I could blog)
  • My husband's love and support in my life's journey. (it is always taking us down an unknown road)
  • Emma's good grades at school and her loving nature towards all things / beings on the Earth.
  • Luka's new haircut!  She's so soft right after she's groomed!
  • This beautiful day that has been given to us to enjoy.
  • NAPS!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you that Kate should not be judged because no one who watches the show has had to walk in her shoes...on the other hand, you sound pretty bitter towards Jon. Do the same rules not apply? He is not perfect, he may be dealing with his own pain in his own way. Men handle things very differently than women, and he may be one of those that has a hard time sorting out his emotions. I hope they are able to work it out because they have so much at stake, so bad-mouthing either parent is not going to be beneficial to the family in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always really loved Jon, but there was that moment last night when he said, "I'm here for the kids." It just broke my heart.

    It's like he doesn't even want to try... There are no excuses for his behavior... whether he cheated or didn't cheat. He should not have put himself in a compromising position.

    On the other hand... People just attack Kate. They've been attacking her from day one. So, she's a bitch... so what... one would thing that he would have figured that out long before they ended up with eight kids. He chose that life, so why are so many people up in arms about the way Kate treats him.

    Maybe she could be nicer... maybe she never will be nicer... it's irrelevant. She is who she is, and that is not going to change. If you don’t like her or the show… don’t watch.

    Here are all of these people griping about her wanting to have money so she can give herself and her children nice stuff… If they really want to talk about someone being a horrible parent... Why don’t they worry about the crack heads that let their three years old kids wonder out into the middle of Cooper St. at 3am, because they are passed out, stoned out of their gourd?

    It’s like it’s a sin to have an abrasive personality. I just don’t get that… People are holding her to a higher standard. It’s just so aggravating to hear / read people bash her over, and over, and over again.

    I don’t even know why I started writing this in the first place… I really do not understand why this is having such a strong effect on me. Maybe because I know I can be extremely unlikeable at times, and you really have to know me and understand me to know who I really am… and we can never know who Jon or Kate really are.

    ReplyDelete