Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Twinkle

Before Elliot had broken her talus (ankle/foot) bone, we had started to make some good progress in the potty training area; but after the break I threw in the towel and decided it would be easier to wait until her cast was removed before we continued training. For the first four weeks, she was in a full leg cast and it was difficult to maneuver for her. Add onto that, her being in pain and then having the croup, and it all flew out the window.

Well, last week she was placed in a short cast for the duration of the reduction (bone healing / setting process), so I decided it was time to start working on the potty training again. I had forgotten that she had picked up a cute little quirk when she used the potty and was reminded when we restarted training.

Like most families we have many ways to say one may need to go to the restroom. (That's one example.) We also say pee pee, tee tee, potty, and tinkle, among many other more colorful adult phrases! ;o) I guess Elliot doesn't always hear words correctly, and when we would say tinkle, she thought we were saying twinkle. This resulted in her saying things like, "I need to go twinkle?" (yes this is a question... She asks it every time we tell her she needs to try to use the potty).

So, the cute thing she had and has been doing is; when she starts to actually urinate, she sometimes sings "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star." And, of course, she sings it in her adorable three year old lisp so it makes it that much cuter. I think I may be said when she grows up and thinks she's too big to "twinkle, twinkle little star." Enjoy every silly, quirky moment, they grow so fast! Don't blink or you'll miss something! ;o)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. That's so funny. I've always told Cari we should write a book of all the funny thinks our kids have said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jake, I'm actaully thinking about doing that at the end of 2011. You can make a book from your blog posts. A friend of mine did it, and thought it turned out really cute. I was thinking this would be a great way to "remember" all of the great, many things my kiddos do in their young lives! ;o)

    ReplyDelete