Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

God Thank You

Elliot sometimes has good manners, and other times I am eternally mortified by her rudeness. As of late, she has been practicing her reply to someone saying "God Bless You" to her. Naturally, we tell her to say, "thank you" when someone says "Bless You," to her because acknowledging someone when they speak to you is the polite thing to do. A week or so ago, Elliot was having a sneezy kind of day, and I was telling her "God Bless You" often. She was doing a good job responding appropriately, and I was praising her effort. After one series of sneezes and "God Bless Yous" she replied, "God Thank You, Mommy." I cracked up! This, of course, triggered her I-need-to-say-it-more-because-it's-cute mode. She has been replying with, "God Thank You" off and on since, but it is equally cute every time. I love it when one of our children says something that invokes the entire family to begin using a word or phrase that is unique to us. "God Thank You" is now my reply to a "God Bless You" as well these day! ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment