Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bad Cartoons and Gratitude!

I need to rant for just a moment here! I was only going to post my gratitude list tonight, but then I remembered that I have been wanting to gripe about something for awhile now!

Some kid's cartoons are so stupid! Not that they don't give a good lesson or whatever, I guess it's just the voices or something. I CANNOT stand Max and Ruby... To me Ruby is just a bossy big sister. There is nothing interesting about the show! And it cannot even keep Elliot's or Emms's attention.

And the other one I CANNOT stand is Ni Hao Kai Lan. That shoe just irritates every nerve in my body! And for this one, I really have no reason... I just find it incredibly annoying!!!

And if Nickelodeon plays that song about bananas by the Fresh Beat Band 0ne more time, I might have to gouge my eyeballs out with spoon!!!!!

Things I'm grateful for:
  • being able to use leftover bananas for banana bread!
  • Karyn's Mom, for giving me her AWESOME banana bread recipe!
  • relaxing at the end of the day
  • my own courage! I'm stronger than I give myself credit for!!!
  • Omega-3 in Gummy Bear form! Yay!!! I hate fish!!!
  • the smell of clean laundry
  • this beautiful day that was given to all of us!
  • new friends that love me and make me feel wanted!
  • old friends that have always loved me and made me feel wanted!

3 comments:

  1. Natalie loves both of those shows...and no matter what she's doing when that Fresh
    Feet Band song comes on, she stops to go and dance with them. I have learned to tune them all out when I need to. But she does speak a little Chinese from Ni Hao Kai Lan, so if I don't watch it I don't know what she's saying lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was Fresh Beat Band.. Just goes to show how much I have been paying attention!!! LOL!!!

    That's funny about the Chinese! She could be yelling at you to stop something in Chinese, and you have no idea what she saying, so you just keep on doing it! That could actaully be a bad thing, now that I think about it... LOL!

    I thought for sure I would hate Yo Gabba Gabba; and please to not misunderstand, I think the show is completely ridiculous, but I make it through that one okay. I'm seriousl considering reverting to good ole' PBS. That's all Emma had and she's turning out okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do PBS only for Sesame Street and Curious George. But they all have potential to become annoying. For instance, sometimes after Natalie watches Curious George she decides that she can only respond to questions with monkey sounds instead of real words. Cute for five minutes, extremely irritating after an hour.

    ReplyDelete