Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Scrub My Back

I've been told by Cameron and his sisters that their beloved mother, Beverly, would spend all the time they wanted rubbing on them and petting them and just loving on them, in general.

I can attest that my husband was definitely one of Beverly's children, because the man wants to be touch ALL THE TIME! Rub my back, rub my neck, pet my arm, hold my hand, the list just goes on and on. It's easy for me to oblige because I am a petter. I love to run my hands over Cameron's bristly military style hair cut. I love to pet his face and neck. I just like to touch him, in general. The funny thing is that I HATE being petted or rub or touched, for the most part. It's like we're polar opposites, which works out well since many men tend to not be toucher/petter types.

Anyway, back to my story. By matter of self confession, both of Cameron's sisters say they are both greedy and needy of that physical contact as well. Proving that they too are the offspring of Beverly Huggins! ;o) (as if there was ever any question!)

Well, as it turns out, this whole I-love-to-be-touched, I-must-be-touched- thing might have a genetic link to it.

Elliot and I sit together often and lounge around in bed or on the couch during quiet time in the afternoon. I always gently stroke her hair or face. Or I will pet her arm or back. Then I noticed a couple of weeks ago that she seemed to be prepping for her petting /loving time. Rotating her little body just right, towards me so I can easily reach her back.

So a couple of days ago I decided to try something... I didn't touch her. I sat with her, but I did not pet her in any way. Eventually, she started to wiggle around trying to get my attention, but after continued attempts and being ignored she finally said to me, "Scrub me, Momma." meaning she wants her back rubbed.

I immediately complied with her cute little demand and gave her a little scrub until she drifted off into quiet time.

So many precious things they say and I don't want to forget even one!!! But I know I've already missed hundreds! Tear!!


Location:Weatherford,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment