Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Not Everyone Has a Dime

Be warned: This post contains potty talk.

As many of you know, Elliot swallowed a dime a few months ago. After a trip to the E.R. and 24 hours of waiting, the dime cleared her system with no complications.

We've been working hard trying to get her potty trained, but like many kiddos she has issue in the poopy department. I adopted the habit of letting her follow me into the restroom whenever she wants to, so she can see how "big" girls use the potty.

As usual, this morning Elliot followed me to the bathroom, and we had our usual "big" girls use the potty when they need to pee pee or poopy, and babies use a diaper talk. But today Elliot cracked me up with an addition to our conversation.

She asked me, "You put your pee pee in there?"
"Yes," I responded.
Followed by "You put your poopy in there?"
Again, I told her yes.
Finally, she looks in the potty, and says, "You put your dime in there?"

After I was able to stop laughing, I told her that I didn't eat a dime, so there would be no dime in the potty. Quickly followed by a you-don't-eat-dimes-either conversation! She is still completely fascinated that she ate a dime. I'm so worried she will do it again becaue she thinks it's fun/neat.

Praying for no "monies" in the potty! :o)

~k~ BlogPress from iPhone

1 comment: